Assessment 2: Case Study (20%) Due Date: Week 8
Word Count: 1500 -1700 words
You are the case worker for a single mother (Mary) who has a 15yr old son (Toby). Mary is struggling with alcohol addiction and states she often smokes marijuana when her son is at school.
Mary has said that she hasn’t worked since her son was born and had previously managed by doing odd jobs for friends and neighbours. However, Mary has said that now her son is older she would like to get a full-time job but is worried that she will not be successful due to her addiction.
When ‘probing’ further into Mary’s addiction, you come to understand that she regularly has her first glass of wine with breakfast and states that without it she can’t ‘think’ straight. Mary said she found a half-smoked marijuana joint in her son’s room when she was cleaning, and she is worried that he maybe experimenting with drugs. Mary states that she would like to be able to stop drinking and smoking marijuana but every time she has tried before it hasn’t worked.
This research assignment is in three parts
Part 1 – Read the case study and outline the following issues.
What are the legal issues in this case study?
What category/types of drugs are discussed?
Define mandated reporting requirements and if it is relevant in this particular case.
What is the possible assessment and/or referral options?
Part 2 – Research
Apply critical thinking and judgement in identifying an appropriate AOD program and rehabilitation suitable for Mary’s needs. For example, would Mary benefit from a full-time rehabilitation program or a part time rehabilitation program and why?
Part 3 – Critical Reflection
You have taken Mary’s case to your supervisor and your supervisor has asked you to spend time reflecting on your decisions and consider what worked well and what other options were available to you. Your supervisor has also requested you to consider your professional responsibility and accountability and asked you to put this into a mini report.
You must use APA 7 referencing. Your report should include at least 5 (scholarly) journal articles read, in addition to any textbook references. The format and content of your report will be discussed in greater detail during tutorials.
Do NOT utilize sources such as www.tutor2u.com and other such web materials as these in no way constitute academic references for the purpose of your assignments. If you rely on such sources for theoretical support, you will be deemed NOT to have met the requirements of the assessment
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
Looking for unparalleled custom paper writing services? Our team of experienced professionals at AcademicWritersBay.com is here to provide you with top-notch assistance that caters to your unique needs.
We understand the importance of producing original, high-quality papers that reflect your personal voice and meet the rigorous standards of academia. That’s why we assure you that our work is completely plagiarism-free—we craft bespoke solutions tailored exclusively for you.
Why Choose AcademicWritersBay.com?
- Our papers are 100% original, custom-written from scratch.
- We’re here to support you around the clock, any day of the year.
- You’ll find our prices competitive and reasonable.
- We handle papers across all subjects, regardless of urgency or difficulty.
- Need a paper urgently? We can deliver within 6 hours!
- Relax with our on-time delivery commitment.
- We offer money-back and privacy guarantees to ensure your satisfaction and confidentiality.
- Benefit from unlimited amendments upon request to get the paper you envisioned.
- We pledge our dedication to meeting your expectations and achieving the grade you deserve.
Our Process: Getting started with us is as simple as can be. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top or the “Order Now” button at the bottom. You’ll be directed to our order form.
- Provide the specifics of your paper in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Select your academic level, the deadline, and the required number of pages.
- Click on “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to provide your registration details, then “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.”
- Follow the simple payment instructions and soon, our writers will be hard at work on your paper.
AcademicWritersBay.com is dedicated to expediting the writing process without compromising on quality. Our roster of writers boasts individuals with advanced degrees—Masters and PhDs—in a myriad of disciplines, ensuring that no matter the complexity or field of your assignment, we have the expertise to tackle it with finesse. Our quick turnover doesn’t mean rushed work; it means efficiency and priority handling, ensuring your deadlines are met with the excellence your academics demand.