Talent Engagement Exercise
Jack Welch believed effective talent management could be achieved by dividing employees into three groups: the top 20%, the middle 70%, and the bottom 10%. He used this approach to identify top talent and provide them with challenging professional assignments early in their careers.
While team leaders often know “in their gut” which employees are strong performers, a simple analysis can help you know why they are doing well and where you can help them to develop. The use of a Talent matrix tool can make the assessment process very powerful.
This exercise is designed to give you practical experience in using a Talent Matrix to analyze your employees performance, as well as their alignment with the organizations mission and values. For each employee, you will assess their performance, consider how well they align with core values of the organization, and identify areas for improvement or professional development.
Four Quadrants Matrix
One tool used to support the Welch approach to talent management is a matrix based on four different combinations of performance and values. To prepare for this exercise, look carefully at the Four Quadrants Matrix above; then review this document: . Note how the Rationale statement describes each employees performance and level of alignment with the companys core values, and also indicates the managers plans for supervising each employee in the future.
Use the Four Quadrants Matrix above as a framework to assess your direct reports in your current workplace. If you have no direct reports, use a group of individuals with whom you are familiar. Create a Talent Engagement Chart, like the sample chart provided, with a row for each employee.
- Include an Introduction and a Conclusion
- Include 4 to 6 employees from your workplace in your chart, using first names only
- List and clearly define the core values you will use to assess your employees
- For each employee, create a row in the chart
Your task is to select one Quadrant for each employee and to indicate the placement that you chose in the Type column. Think carefully about the core values of your company and use them to assess these employees. Use the format below to organize your assignment:
- Briefly explain the purpose of the overall Talent Engagement exercise.
- Describe the companys core values that you will use to assess your employees.
- Include your Talent Engagement Chart here. Use the sample chart provided in this assignment as a model for your chart format.
Write a Rationale statement of 4 to 6 paragraphs. For each employee:
- Explain why you positioned them in the selected quadrant
- Assess their work and describe how well they align with the core values
- Identify areas for improvement or professional development
- Indicate your plans for managing the employee in the future
Note: In writing your Rationale, use the sample statement provided in this assignment as a guide.
- Reflect on your experience using this Talent Matrix tool. Was the exercise beneficial?
- Would you use some similar tool as a manager in the future? Why or why not?
- The assignment is typed and double-spaced, with a professional font (size 10 12)
- The assignment is submitted in MS Word document format
- Includes a Cover Page with the assignment title, your name, the professors name, course title, and date
- Includes an Introduction and a Conclusion
- Includes a Talent Engagement Chart, with a row for each employee
- Includes a Rationale statement of 4 to 6 paragraphs
- The assignment is written in a formal manner, with correct spelling and grammar
- References are included and provide appropriate information that enables the reader to locate the original source
- Citations and references must follow the formatting instructions found in the JWMI Writing Standards Guide. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
Looking for unparalleled custom paper writing services? Our team of experienced professionals at AcademicWritersBay.com is here to provide you with top-notch assistance that caters to your unique needs.
We understand the importance of producing original, high-quality papers that reflect your personal voice and meet the rigorous standards of academia. That’s why we assure you that our work is completely plagiarism-free—we craft bespoke solutions tailored exclusively for you.
Why Choose AcademicWritersBay.com?
- Our papers are 100% original, custom-written from scratch.
- We’re here to support you around the clock, any day of the year.
- You’ll find our prices competitive and reasonable.
- We handle papers across all subjects, regardless of urgency or difficulty.
- Need a paper urgently? We can deliver within 6 hours!
- Relax with our on-time delivery commitment.
- We offer money-back and privacy guarantees to ensure your satisfaction and confidentiality.
- Benefit from unlimited amendments upon request to get the paper you envisioned.
- We pledge our dedication to meeting your expectations and achieving the grade you deserve.
Our Process: Getting started with us is as simple as can be. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top or the “Order Now” button at the bottom. You’ll be directed to our order form.
- Provide the specifics of your paper in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Select your academic level, the deadline, and the required number of pages.
- Click on “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to provide your registration details, then “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.”
- Follow the simple payment instructions and soon, our writers will be hard at work on your paper.
AcademicWritersBay.com is dedicated to expediting the writing process without compromising on quality. Our roster of writers boasts individuals with advanced degrees—Masters and PhDs—in a myriad of disciplines, ensuring that no matter the complexity or field of your assignment, we have the expertise to tackle it with finesse. Our quick turnover doesn’t mean rushed work; it means efficiency and priority handling, ensuring your deadlines are met with the excellence your academics demand.