Assignment Overview You have selected your focal species in discussion. In order to predict how urbanization will affect your species, you need to know something about the ecology and conservation status of your species. Time to do some background research!To answer the following questions, you will need to search for credible sources of information, using , , or other online resources such as iNaturalist or the Encyclopedia of Life. (You can find information in other ways, but these are helpful places to get started!) Make sure that you cite all sources of information in the text of your responses and include the full citations in a literature cited section. Assignment Requirements Title your submission with the common and scientific name of your species. Species ecology For each response, you should have an in-text citation (author, year) for the source of the information. What habitat types is this species found in? Describe the key features of these habitats Consider common abiotic factors, such as temperature, shade, urbanization, and/or water availability. How do these abiotic factors influence the survival and reproduction of this species? What is its role in the ecosystem? What does it feed on? Does it require trees or shrubs? Does it compete with other species? Does it have predators? Species range and status For each response, you should have an in-text citation (author, year) for the source of the information. What is the global distribution (species range) of your species? Is it observed worldwide or only found on certain continents? What is the native range of this species? Is it native or introduced to southern California? What is the conservation status of this species? If it is native to Southern California, is it a species of conservation concern? Why or why not? If it is introduced, how/why was it introduced and what makes the species successful outside of its native habitat? Phenology (timing of important events in the life cycle) for your species For each response, you should have an in-text citation (author, year) for the source of the information. What time of year does it reproduce? Does it live in California all year? Or is it migratory? Does it have times of the year it is more activity? What time of the day is the species typically active? Does it undergo a seasonal hibernation or daily torpor? Species Adaptations For each response, you should have an in-text citation (author, year) for the source of the information. What behavioral, physical, or physiological characteristics does the species have that make it well-adapted for its environment? Does this species adapt well to urbanization? What behavioral, physical, or physiological characteristics allow it to adapt well (or make it difficult to adapt)? Hypotheses – Based on your background research state your hypothesis for the following: When do you think your species will be most likely to be found in the camera trap data? (dawn, day, dusk, night, or deep night) What other variable do you think might influence when your species is sighted on the camera traps? (temperature, nearby buildings, streets, water sources, % of tree canopy cover, shrub cover) Explain your reasoning behind each of your hypotheses and use at least 1 source or each (it can be the same source). Literature cited, using full citations as shown on the . Each in-text citation from your responses to the questions above should be included in the list of literature cited and each item in the list of literature cited should have an in-text citation. Submission Now that you’ve completed the research on your species, submit your responses to each of the questions above in a file (Word doc or pdf). Before submitting, make sure that you have included all of the required sections: Title with the common name and scientific name of your species Species ecology Species range and status Species phenology Species adaptations Hypothesis Literature cited I Picked Taxonomic Group: Mammalia (Mammals)Common Name: Delmarva Peninsula Fox SquirrelScientific Name: Sciurus niger cinereusDelmarva Fox Squirrel by Larry Meade, Public Domain (U.S fish and wildlife services) The Delmarva Fox Squirrel is considered an introduced species in Los Angeles County. Originally native to the eastern United States, it has been introduced to various parts of California, including Los Angeles County, where it has adapted well to urban and suburban environments. Share on Facebook Tweet Follow us This question has been answered. Get Answer
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
Looking for unparalleled custom paper writing services? Our team of experienced professionals at AcademicWritersBay.com is here to provide you with top-notch assistance that caters to your unique needs.
We understand the importance of producing original, high-quality papers that reflect your personal voice and meet the rigorous standards of academia. That’s why we assure you that our work is completely plagiarism-free—we craft bespoke solutions tailored exclusively for you.
Why Choose AcademicWritersBay.com?
- Our papers are 100% original, custom-written from scratch.
- We’re here to support you around the clock, any day of the year.
- You’ll find our prices competitive and reasonable.
- We handle papers across all subjects, regardless of urgency or difficulty.
- Need a paper urgently? We can deliver within 6 hours!
- Relax with our on-time delivery commitment.
- We offer money-back and privacy guarantees to ensure your satisfaction and confidentiality.
- Benefit from unlimited amendments upon request to get the paper you envisioned.
- We pledge our dedication to meeting your expectations and achieving the grade you deserve.
Our Process: Getting started with us is as simple as can be. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top or the “Order Now” button at the bottom. You’ll be directed to our order form.
- Provide the specifics of your paper in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Select your academic level, the deadline, and the required number of pages.
- Click on “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to provide your registration details, then “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.”
- Follow the simple payment instructions and soon, our writers will be hard at work on your paper.
AcademicWritersBay.com is dedicated to expediting the writing process without compromising on quality. Our roster of writers boasts individuals with advanced degrees—Masters and PhDs—in a myriad of disciplines, ensuring that no matter the complexity or field of your assignment, we have the expertise to tackle it with finesse. Our quick turnover doesn’t mean rushed work; it means efficiency and priority handling, ensuring your deadlines are met with the excellence your academics demand.