Please use attachment to complete assignment
You are a teacher at a childcare center for toddlers. Your class will soon be starting a topic called “The Environment.” The children in your care come from diverse cultural backgrounds, and several of them speak languages other than English at home.
Focus Assignment: 50 points
Create a science activity plan for this age group that focuses on the environment. Be sure to provide a description of the activity you plan to carry out, the child outcomes, the space and materials needed, the procedures you will follow, and any follow-up activities that may help reinforce the main activity. In addition, be sure to include elements that will create a multicultural and anti-bias atmosphere in the classroom.
Self-Reflection: 50 points
- For each element of your activity plan, explain how this element will help students learn about science and contribute to their development
5E Lesson Plan
One kind of curriculum that teachers use is called emergent curriculum. The teachers spend hours observing and interacting with their students to determine their students' interests. When students are allowed to study their own interests, they are highly motivated, engaged, and focused. They have fewer behavior problems. They learn the material because they want to, not because someone is telling them to. If you currently teach young children, spend some time observing them and listening to them to determine an interest they have. For example, you may hear them talking about lizards, frogs, birds, rocks, or something else of that nature. If you do not currently teach young children, think of an interest that you have that might also be interesting to young children.
After you have researched the assigned topic, download the 5E Lesson Plan form and fill it out (typed) with as much detail as you can. By following the 5 step format of the 5E- engage, explore, explain, elaborate, and evaluate- your students will be encouraged to explore and discover in a hands on, active approach to play and learning.
You may have heard the term standard course of study when referring to the standard used to teach children in a K-12 setting. NC Foundations is the equivalent standard course of study for children birth to kindergarten. It is the standard that guides what and how we teach young children in a developmentally appropriate way (NCFELD pg.11). USE NC FOUNDATIONS (NCFELD) book and note which domains, goals, and developmental indicators are being exercised to meet the objective of the lesson.
Use complete sentences with correct grammar and spelling. Again, be as detailed as you can be so that a substitute could teach your lesson if you were out of the classroom. After you complete the form, upload it to the assignment link.
Just a reminder, in addition to the lesson plan (focus assignment), you must also complete the self-reflection by following the instructions outlined in the assignment link.
Activity/Age (must be birth to 35 months depending on the objective of the module):
NCFELD Domains, goals and developmental indicators being supported with a brief explanation as to how and why.
Differentiation strategies to meet diverse learner needs:
· Describe how the teacher will capture students’ interest.
· What kind of questions should the students ask themselves after the engagement?
· Describe what hands-on/minds-on activities students will be doing.
· List “big idea” conceptual questions the teacher will use to encourage and/or focus students’ exploration
· Student explanations should precede introduction of terms or explanations by the teacher. What questions or techniques will the teacher use to help students connect their exploration to the concept under examination?
· List higher order thinking questions which teachers will use to solicit student explanations and help them to justify their explanations.
· Describe how students will develop a more sophisticated understanding of the concept.
· What vocabulary will be introduced and how will it connect to students’ observations?
· How is this knowledge applied in our daily lives?
· How will students demonstrate that they have achieved the lesson objective?
· This should be embedded throughout the lesson as well as at the end of the lesson
Explanation (5-7 sentences including in-text citations from the chapter)
Justification (5-7 sentences including in-text citations from the chapter)
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
Looking for unparalleled custom paper writing services? Our team of experienced professionals at AcademicWritersBay.com is here to provide you with top-notch assistance that caters to your unique needs.
We understand the importance of producing original, high-quality papers that reflect your personal voice and meet the rigorous standards of academia. That’s why we assure you that our work is completely plagiarism-free—we craft bespoke solutions tailored exclusively for you.
Why Choose AcademicWritersBay.com?
- Our papers are 100% original, custom-written from scratch.
- We’re here to support you around the clock, any day of the year.
- You’ll find our prices competitive and reasonable.
- We handle papers across all subjects, regardless of urgency or difficulty.
- Need a paper urgently? We can deliver within 6 hours!
- Relax with our on-time delivery commitment.
- We offer money-back and privacy guarantees to ensure your satisfaction and confidentiality.
- Benefit from unlimited amendments upon request to get the paper you envisioned.
- We pledge our dedication to meeting your expectations and achieving the grade you deserve.
Our Process: Getting started with us is as simple as can be. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top or the “Order Now” button at the bottom. You’ll be directed to our order form.
- Provide the specifics of your paper in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Select your academic level, the deadline, and the required number of pages.
- Click on “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to provide your registration details, then “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.”
- Follow the simple payment instructions and soon, our writers will be hard at work on your paper.
AcademicWritersBay.com is dedicated to expediting the writing process without compromising on quality. Our roster of writers boasts individuals with advanced degrees—Masters and PhDs—in a myriad of disciplines, ensuring that no matter the complexity or field of your assignment, we have the expertise to tackle it with finesse. Our quick turnover doesn’t mean rushed work; it means efficiency and priority handling, ensuring your deadlines are met with the excellence your academics demand.