You are interested in working for a company and have an interview coming up. How do you prepare for that interview such that you impress the person you are talking with? It starts with researching the company. The more you know about the company -their history, mission, customers, origins, products, services, competition – the more qualified you will be to talk about it.
How well you do your ‘homework’ before you speak to the company makes a statement about your preparedness and genuine interest in working there. If you want the job, you’ve got to be able to explain ‘why’ you want to work there. It can’t just be because of the money (even if that is what you really care about). You need to want to work there because of what they do, how they do it, and the impact it has on society and why that matters to you. You need to be able to talk about what makes this company a great place to work for and why you believe you can add value to their goals and objectives.
In order to speak like someone they should hire, you need to come equipped with the research, receipts, and facts that let you talk intelligently about the company. You want to impress them with your knowledge about their company and get your foot in the door! This assignment will help you take that first step- research the company!
This assignment will require you to write a paper about a company you are interest in working for.
After completing this assignment, you should be able to:
- Explain what the company does and what it contributes to society.
- Describe the mission, competition, industry, and products and services of the company.
- Be familiar with how to speak enthusiastically and informationally about a company.
Note: Students must provide in-text (parenthetical) citations next to relevant facts or quotes they use. If they do not, points will be deducted. A reference list at the end of the assignment should also be included. MLA, APA, or another consistent formatting standard are welcome.
Submit a Word or PDF Document which responds to the following prompts. Approximately one paragraph is recommended for each prompt. It is expected that you describe the company and information in your own words (copying and pasting information from the internet is not only plagiarism, but it also won’t help you learn about this company you want to work for).
- Company Background– Relevant information might include its history, founding, mission, location, and leadership.
- Market Research– Relevant questions to consider: How do they make money? Who are their competitors? What is their market share? Look at their Investor information on their website or through the library databases – what was their revenue for last year? Is the company growing from the previous year?
- Customer Base– Who are their customers? Why do their customers choose them? Are there changes in their customers over time?
- Culture– What is their work culture? How does the world view this company as a place to work? How does their culture influence its operations and/or programs?
- Career Pathways– What is the functional unit you are interested in? What are the job types and pathways within that unit? Who is a person or people working in this unit you could contact to learn more?
- Summary paragraph– Why do you want to work at this organization? What is your fit/match?
Resources available to find this information:
- Use the Library guide provided in our prior class regarding company and industry research – the databases here will be extremely helpful for market research. https://libguides.rutgers.edu/bf Links to an external site.Links to an external site.
- Review the company’s website, social media accounts, and LinkedIn pages
- Visit the company’s career site
- Review recent news about the company through Google news, the Wall Street Journal, and other sources
- Use sites like https://rutgers.firsthand.co/Links to an external site.Links to an external site., Glassdoor and Vault to read what employees say about the company
- Review profiles on LinkedIn of individuals who work at the company and in roles you are interested in
Company ResearchCompany ResearchCriteriaRatingsPtsThis criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeProper CitationsIn-text citations and reference list1 ptsFull Marks0 ptsNo Marks1 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeCompany BackgroundCompany history, date founded, mission, headquarter location, CEO1.5 ptsFull Marks0 ptsNo Marks1.5 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeMarket ResearchProducts, competitors, market share, revenue, growth1.5 ptsFull Marks0 ptsNo Marks1.5 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeCustomer BaseCustomers, competitive advantage, value to customers1.5 ptsFull Marks0 ptsNo Marks1.5 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeCompany CultureTenets of culture, impact on employees, reputation as employer1.5 ptsFull Marks0 ptsNo Marks1.5 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeCareer PathwaysUnit of interest, jobs and career pathways, people working in positions1.5 ptsFull Marks0 ptsNo Marks1.5 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeSummaryRationale for interest in company, your fit as a candidate1.5 ptsFull Marks0 ptsNo Marks1.5 pts
Total Points: 10
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
Looking for unparalleled custom paper writing services? Our team of experienced professionals at AcademicWritersBay.com is here to provide you with top-notch assistance that caters to your unique needs.
We understand the importance of producing original, high-quality papers that reflect your personal voice and meet the rigorous standards of academia. That’s why we assure you that our work is completely plagiarism-free—we craft bespoke solutions tailored exclusively for you.
Why Choose AcademicWritersBay.com?
- Our papers are 100% original, custom-written from scratch.
- We’re here to support you around the clock, any day of the year.
- You’ll find our prices competitive and reasonable.
- We handle papers across all subjects, regardless of urgency or difficulty.
- Need a paper urgently? We can deliver within 6 hours!
- Relax with our on-time delivery commitment.
- We offer money-back and privacy guarantees to ensure your satisfaction and confidentiality.
- Benefit from unlimited amendments upon request to get the paper you envisioned.
- We pledge our dedication to meeting your expectations and achieving the grade you deserve.
Our Process: Getting started with us is as simple as can be. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top or the “Order Now” button at the bottom. You’ll be directed to our order form.
- Provide the specifics of your paper in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Select your academic level, the deadline, and the required number of pages.
- Click on “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to provide your registration details, then “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.”
- Follow the simple payment instructions and soon, our writers will be hard at work on your paper.
AcademicWritersBay.com is dedicated to expediting the writing process without compromising on quality. Our roster of writers boasts individuals with advanced degrees—Masters and PhDs—in a myriad of disciplines, ensuring that no matter the complexity or field of your assignment, we have the expertise to tackle it with finesse. Our quick turnover doesn’t mean rushed work; it means efficiency and priority handling, ensuring your deadlines are met with the excellence your academics demand.